- Designate a ‘bike-to-church’ Sunday;
- Repair leaks promptly. A leak of one drip per second wastes about 10,000 litres per year;
- Post signs encouraging people to turn the lights out if they are the last ones to leave a room;
- When making new purchases, be sure to buy Energy Star rated high-efficiency appliances;
- Plant deciduous trees around the building to provide shade on hot days;
- Rake leaves instead of using a leaf blower.
For more tips, visit www.vancouver.anglican.caSource: 125 ways to green your parish – booklet published by the Environmental Unit, diocese of New Westminster