National church office moves at last

By on June 1, 2004

Fresh from a busy General Synod, the 100 members of the Anglican Church of Canada’s national office staff moved one city block to new quarters in Toronto over the weekend of June 19-20.

The new address is: 80 Hayden Street, Toronto ON M4Y 3G2. The new building is located on the same city block as the old office location of 600 Jarvis St., which was the national church’s address for 82 years. Phone, fax numbers and e-mail addresses for all national church office departments remain the same.

The move was postponed several times due to delays in the construction of the new building. The original projected completion date of the building, which will house four floors of General Synod offices as well as 17 storeys of privately-owned condominium apartments, was fall, 2003.

The Anglican Book Centre will be closed for a week to move its stock – June 19 to 28. The church library will re-open on Mon., July 5, and the national archives will re-open on Tues., July 6.

News of the move is also on the Anglican Church of Canada’s Web site, www.anglican.ca.

The Jarvis Street location, site of the Anglican church office since 1922, is scheduled for eventual demolition and the developer, Philmor Group Ltd., plans to erect a second condo tower on the site. Former and current 600 Jarvis staff gathered to say farewell to the old building on June 17 and attended a dedication of the chapel in the new quarters.

Skip to content