The second-oldest Quebec City congregation, St. Matthew, voted itself out of existence at a meeting on Jan. 12. Founded in 1822 by the first bishop of Quebec, Jacob Mountain, only the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity is older in the Quebec capital. The church building was transformed into a municipal library several years ago. The parish papers are preserved in the diocesan archives. St. Matthew’s congregation has worshipped at St. Michael’s church in Sillery, Que., for the past 22 years.